Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards, as per the Policy on Communications and Federal Identity.
COSEWIC Assessment and Status Report on the Milksnake (Lampropeltis tirangulum) in Canada
- Assessment Summary
- Executive Summary
- Species Information
- Population Sizes and Trends
- Limiting Factors and Threats
- Special Significance of the Species
- Existing Protection or Other Status
- Summary of Status Report
- Technical Summary
- Literature Cited
- The Author
- Authorities Consulted
COSEWIC Assessment and Update Status Report
Special Concern 2002
Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada
Comité sur la situation des espèces en péril au Canada
COSEWIC status reports are working documents used in assigning the status of wildlife species suspected of being at risk. This report may be cited as follows:
Please note: Persons wishing to cite data in the report should refer to the report (and cite the author(s)); persons wishing to cite the COSEWIC status will refer to the assessment (and cite COSEWIC). A production note will be provided if additional information on the status report history is required.
COSEWIC 2002. COSEWIC assessment and status report on the milksnake Lampropeltis triangulum in Canada. Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada. Ottawa. vi + 29 pp.
Fischer, L. 2002. COSEWIC status report on the milksnake Lampropeltis triangulum in Canada in COSEWIC assessment and status report on the milksnake Lampropeltis triangulum in Canada. Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada. Ottawa. 1-29 pp.
- The Eastern Milksnake Lampropeltis triangulum triangulum that is discussed in this report is the only subspecies of the Milksnake Lampropeltis triangulum that occurs in Canada. For purposes of COSEWIC, which designates only species that occur in Canada, these two names should be regarded as synonymous.
- Previously listed by COSEWIC as Eastern Milksnake Lampropeltis triangulum.
For additional copies contact:
c/o Canadian Wildlife Service
Ếgalement disponible en français sous le titre Évaluation et Rapport de situation du COSEPAC sur la situation de la couleuvre tachetée (Lampropeltis triangulum) au Canada.
Milksnake -- Joseph Crowley, Powassan, Ontario.
©Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada 2003
Catalogue No CW69-14/343-2003E-PDF
- Date Modified: