Information identified as archived on the Web is for reference, research or recordkeeping purposes. It has not been altered or updated after the date of archiving. Web pages that are archived on the Web are not subject to the Government of Canada Web Standards, as per the Policy on Communications and Federal Identity.
Brief Overview of the SARA Minister’s Round Table
October 19th, 2012
The Species at Risk Act (SARA) requires that, at least every two years, the federal Minister of the Environment convene a round table of persons interested in matters respecting the protection of wildlife species at risk in Canada.
This fourth SARA round table was held in Ottawa on October 19, 2012 and involved representatives from Aboriginal groups, non-governmental organizations, industry associations, and academia.
The discussion focused on taking stock of SARA during its first 10 years of implementation. Diverse views were welcomed on what has worked well in the implementation of the Act, what some of the challenges have been, and suggestions to address those challenges.
List of Organizations Participating in the Round Table
- Assembly of First Nations
- Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers
- Canadian Cattlemen’s Association
- Canadian Council of Professional Fish Harvesters
- Canadian Federation of Agriculture
- Canadian Nuclear Association
- Canadian Hydropower Association
- Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society
- Committee on Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada
- Ducks Unlimited
- Fisheries Council of Canada
- Forest Products Association of Canada
- Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami
- Métis National Council
- Mining Association of Canada
- National Aboriginal Council on Species at Risk
- Nature Canada
- Nature Conservancy of Canada
- Native Women’s Association of Canada
- Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
- Sustainable Prosperity, University of Ottawa
- World Wildlife Fund Canada
- Date Modified: