COSEWIC assessment and status report on the Cliff Paintbrush in Canada
- COSEWIC assessment summary
- COSEWIC executive summary
- COSEWIC history, mandate, membership and definitions
- Lists of figures and tables
- Species information
- Population sizes and trends
- Limiting factors and threats
- Special significance of the species
- Existing protection or other status designations
- Technical summary
- Acknowledgements and authorities contacted and Information sources
- Biographical summary of report writers and Collections examined
assessment and status report
Committee on the status
of endangered wildlife
Comité sur la situation
des espèces en péril
Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada (COSEWIC) status reports are working documents used in assigning the status of wildlife species suspected of being at risk. This report may be cited as follows:
COSEWIC 2005. COSEWIC assessment and status report on the cliff paintbrush Castilleja rupicola in Canada. Committee on the Status of Endangered Wildlife in Canada. Ottawa. vii + 18 pp.
(Species at Risk Status Reports)
COSEWIC acknowledges the late George W. Douglas and also Ms. Shyanne J. Smith for writing the status report on the cliff paintbrush Castilleja rupicola. This status report was produced with the initiative and funding of the British Columbia Ministry of Water, Land and Air Protection. The COSEWIC status report review was overseen by Erich Haber, co-chair (vascular plants) of the COSEWIC Plants and Lichens Specialist Subcommittee, with input from members of COSEWIC. That review may have resulted in changes and additions to the initial version of the report.
For additional copies contact:
c/o Canadian Wildlife Service
Également disponible en français sous le titre Évaluation et Rapport de situation du COSEPAC sur la castilléjie des rochers (Castilleja rupicola) au Canada.
Cliff paintbrush -- Line drawing by Elizabeth J. Steven in Pojar 2000, by permission.
©Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada 2005
Catalogue No. CW69-14/430-2005E-PDF
- Date Modified: